This guide features our SSBU tier list of all current characters and their ranking in terms of strength in the game so far. We will keep this list up to date with every character release and will rank them soon after. We thoroughly research this information to ensure that we provide an authentic and honest list to help you make a decision on who is best to use in your team.
SSBU is a popular fighting game developed by Nintendo. It’s available on the Nintendo Switch, and features a variety of fan-favourite characters. For more information about the lore and the game, check out the game’s official website.
SSBU Tier List (2023)
- S-Tier: R.O.B, Joker, Pyra/Mythra, Steve, Pikachu, Kazuya, Peach, Cloud, Sephiroth
- A-Tier: Fox, Shulk, Roy, Sonic, Pokemon Trainer, Min Min, Wario, Daisy, Lucina, Olimar, Wolf, Zero Suit Samus, PAC-MAN, Chrom, Sora, Mega Man, Mario, Samus, Dark Samus, Diddy Kong, Link, Hero, Inkling, Ness, Captain Falcon, Terry, Palutena, Yoshi, Snake, Young Link, Sheik
- B-Tier: Bowser, Luigi, Rosalina and Luma, Toon Link, Pichu, Marth, Duck Hunt, Ken, Ryu, Falco, Ike, Corrin, Bayonetta, WiiFit Trainer, Byleth
- C-Tier: Dark Pit, Pit, Simon, Ice Climbers, Zelda, Ridley, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, Lucario, Mii Brawler, Kirby, Robin, Richter, Mii Gunner, Ridley
- D-Tier: Dr. Mario, Incineroar, Piranha Plant, King Dedede, Bowser Jr., Banjo and Kazooie, Villager, Jigglypuff, Isabella, Little Mac, King K. Rool, Ganondorf, Mii Swordfighter
- Pokemon Trainer
- Min Min
- Zero Suit Samus
- Mega Man
- Dark Samus
- Diddy Kong
- Captain Falcon
- Young Link
- Rosalina and Luma
- Toon Link
- Duck Hunt
- WiiFit Trainer
- Dark Pit
- Ice Climbers
- Meta Knight
- Mii Brawler
- Mii Gunner
- Dr. Mario
- Piranha Plant
- King Dedede
- Bowser Jr.
- Banjo and Kazooie
- Little Mac
- King K. Rool
- Mii Swordfighter
How Many Characters Are There In SSBU ?
There are over 89 playable characters currently in the SSBU base game. We’ll update this guide with each character release, or when a balancing change drops, and place them into our ranking system.
S Tier List
The best characters in the game, and deemed the strongest when it comes to their abilities. We recommend using these characters for most matches.
A Tier List
Fantastic characters and great replacements if you don’t like any of the characters in S tier.
B Tier List
Not the best in terms of strength but they’re good fillers.
C Tier List
It’s best to avoid placing these characters, especially if you want to clear content efficiently.
D Tier List
Not worth using at all and should be avoided completely.
Looking for new games to play?? Check out our Ultra League tier list, YBA tier list, and Clash Mini tier list.
About The Game
SSBU is a popular fighting game that features a ton of characters from a variety of Nintendo franchises. During a battle, each character has special moves and attacks – allowing you to create powerful combos against your enemy! You can play solo, or take part in multiplayer tournaments. There’s even a campaign to play through, or you can get straight into the action. Try the game out and see if you can spot your favourite Nintendo character!